Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Makeup Mondays - Influenster And Aveeno VoxBox First Impression



I am so excited to say I received my first VoxBox from Influenster.  It is the #RadiantWithAVEENO VoxBox.

Before we start with my first impression, let me explain what Influenster and a VoxBoxes are.

Influenster is a community of trendsetters, social media masterminds, and educated consumers who live to give opinions of products and experiences. Influensters meet here to learn about new products from our favorite brands as well as review the products they already use in their day-to-day lives.

What is Influenster to me?  It is a place for me to give my honest opinion about products I use without anyone thinking my opinion has been bought. Influenster provides me new products to try and review for free, thus insuring two things, an honest and unbiased opinion, and new product that I have not used yet or never knew existed.  This last point is important to me because I do not leave the house much because of my agoraphobia. Influenster gives me a chance to stay informed on all the new and hot products without the anxiety and panic of going out to buy something that is either not worth the trouble, or something I would not otherwise try.  It also provides me peer reviews.  All in one place.  LOVE IT!

What is a VoxBox? It's a box filled to the brim with the hottest products from the brands you love!  A VoxBox might showcase an exciting product from one brand – or it might be a box filled with multiple products for you to test & try.

What a VoxBox is to me?  It is a box with a new product to be vocal about.  This first box had a product that I did mot know existed from a company I know well and love.  I can not tell you how excited and happy I am to test and review this and future product. 

My first voxbox is Aveeno's #RadiantWithAVEENO VoxBox.  It contained a single 1.1 fluid ounces (32mL) Aveeno® Positively Radiant® Targeted Tone Corrector It is one of their total soy complex formula.

The box arrived via USPS
Opening the box
Product card front

Product card back
It is a very generous amount

Okay, first impressions...


I love the product packaging.  I am a sucker for the mint green with ivory combination.  The tube is a durable quality, not just flimsy plastic, more like a tooth paste tube that remains compressed when squeezed.  I like that because that means you waste less product towards the containers end.  One of my favorite things ever, it comes sealed.  The seal is a small foil seal.  This means the world to me because I have a lowered immune system.  Now, I do not necessarily mean a whole lot when a product is sent to me, but it is if I purchase something in a store. I usually spring more for a properly sealed product that is not swimming in Lord knows what.  I really do not need a skin infection from someone I have never even seen.

Sealed FTW!!!!
Upon opening the product, I found it to have a very nostalgic scent.  It reminds me of the lotion my mom and Grammy used on us girls when we were children.  I usually avoid scents, but this one is so very pleasant to me that I want to put it on my face!  Not usually my first thought since I have ultra sensitive skin.  Trusting the Aveeno name, I dive right in.

I squeezed out a portion the size of a pea.  It is the consistency of a lotion that is on the more liquid size.  I pat it gently into my face where I have alot of redness as well as freckles.  Normally I love my freckles, but for the sake of this product testing I put it right on those babies.

I have a ton of redness in my cheeks and a big patch of red on the bridge of my nose from my bipap mask that I have to use every night.
Before
Here is a before picture.

I am going to use this goo every morning and every night without any of my other face goo.  I usually use a moisturizer but can go without it for the sake of a proper testing.

This product was not purchased by me.  It was sent to me to give a unbiased opinion on.  I did receive this product for free.  In my review I will include price and locations you can find the product reviewed. I will also tell you if I plan to purchase it myself.  If I did not finish the product, I will give it to someone as a gift.  I will seek no monitory compensation for the product.

With that I will be off to the grocery store.  If you have any questions please email me, or leave a comment below.  Until next time, be gentle to yourself, and each other.





I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.